Yes? No? Maybe? Use online polls for instant feedback.
Sometimes you want a quick bit of feedback from your audience. What’s the best time for the yoga class you’re teaching? Which of six choices is the perfect name for that new yoghurt flavour? Where should the team hold its next offsite meeting? Who will win the next election?
A super tool for on-the-spot feedback, online polls let you check in with your audience or customers at any time. When you do, you are sending the message that you know they’re there and their opinions matter.
How to Use Online Polls
Create and deliver online polls quickly and easily. If you don’t already have a SurveyMonkey account, sign up for free and you can create and launch your online poll in minutes. To create an online poll, just:
- Compose your question (or a few short questions) with tips from our best practices about how to create and conduct surveys or start with certified sample questions from our Question Bank.
- Email or post the link to your poll online – or display it in a popup window on your blog or website..
- Get results, then make better decisions or share the results of the poll with your audience.
Using online polls is an easy way to ask your audience for instant feedback about just about anything. Here are a few ways you can use SurveyMonkey polls:
- Audience Engagement. Add an element of fun to the experience by using online polls to keep your website visitors or Facebook or Twitter followers interested and engaged.
- Market Research. Gather customer opinions about new product or service offerings.
- Political Research. Run tracking polls, horse racing polls and quick polls about contentious issues for political campaigns and consulting.
- Event Planning and Feedback. Assess preferences for potential venues or agendas. Invite attendees to rate locations, entertainment, speakers, refreshments and more.
- Course Feedback. Poll students for quick answers during instruction or lectures. Obtain feedback about instructor performance or specific classes.
- Volunteer Organisation. Run polls to mobilise volunteers, collect RSVPs for events and to gather data from the field.
- Academic research. Quickly poll a sample audience with your preliminary research theories before investing significant time into developing a detailed hypothesis.
- Travel industry. Poll travellers during a stay at a hotel or on an organised holiday to discover ways to improve their experience.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS). "On a scale of zero to 10, how likely are you to refer to a friend or colleague?" The collective results for this question can help you discover ways to improve customer engagement.
- Technology. Mac or PC? iPhone or Android? Laptop or Desktop? Poll your friends about what their favourite technical gadgets are and know what to surprise them with on their next birthday.
- Government. Agencies and government offices can quickly gauge citizens’ feedback regarding proposed changes or gather suggestions with an online poll.
You don’t have to spend loads of money to get answers. You just need to take advantage of our smart, cost-effective tools. Are you unsure how to reach the right people? SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to millions of respondents who are ready to provide the answers you need in order to make critical decisions.
Sample Online Polls
Use one of our survey templates as the basis for your online poll, or start with one or more of the many methodologically sound and certified questions in our Question Bank. While all of our questions are written by professional survey methodologists, you can also customise questions to suit your polling needs. (At this time, most of our survey templates are only produced in English, although we do plan to offer them in other languages soon.)
- Just for Fun. Poll for opinions about computer games. Holiday destinations. Movies. Menus. Home makeovers. If you can think it up, then you can create an online poll about it!
- General Event Feedback. How did it go? Did attendees enjoy the event? Would they like to see more like it? Poll for feedback to help with planning your next one.
- Customer Service. How would your customers rate their experience with your customer service team? Did they wait long for assistance? Was your team member courteous and helpful? Find out by using a quick poll.
- Website Feedback. Pop up and poll your visitors to ensure that they can find what they need on your website.
- Employee Programmes. Poll your workforce for their ideas and preferences concerning new programmes – such as training, commuting, health and fitness programmes and more.
- Online Social Networking. Which sites do your audiences visit and how often? Use a poll to find out and then decide which channels are best for your social media marketing campaigns.
- Health and Nutrition. Poll clients to learn more about their habits and the changes they might like to make. Use online polls for quick progress checks and to share useful information in a fun way.
3 Quick Tips to Improve Your Polls
- Keep it short and simple. Use a multiple choice format, with a maximum of one to five questions for quick polling.
- Make it about them. Use polls to encourage your audience’s engagement. Ask for their opinions and preferences – and make it fun!
- Keep rating scale questions consistent. If you’re using Likert scales, use the same points system for all questions. If 1 means “extremely satisfied” and 5 means “extremely dissatisfied”, maintain it across your short poll.
Are you looking for more survey types and survey examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey and Training Survey
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet – we’ve made it easy to get started, learn and use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer – if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real-Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy and Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather and interpret information with advanced analytics and more.