Marketing survey templates
Develop market insights for smarter strategic business decisions.
What’s the right path for your business or organisation? Before you launch a new retail store, update your website or introduce a new pricing structure, use a marketing survey to check in with your target audience.
Our online marketing surveys and templates make it easier to know your customers and make informed choices for your business.
Try Popular Sample Marketing Surveys and Templates
We can make it easy to get started with a comprehensive collection of Market Research and Business survey templates. You can also build your own surveys by pulling together the many different survey question types we offer – or even writing your own. Here are a few templates that you can use in your marketing programmes:
Please note: Some survey templates are only available in English.
- Market Research Survey. Use this 20-question survey to explore your customers’ opinions about your new product or service, their preference for yours over the competition’s and their willingness to recommend.
- Market Research – Product. With 10 quick questions, this survey lets you find out what your customers think about your new product – what they like, what they don’t and whether they prefer it to the competition’s.
- Market Research – Service. Obtain your target customers’ opinions about the new service that you’re introducing with this 10-question survey.
- Customer Service Survey. Use this 9-question survey to ask your customers about their experience with your service representatives.
- The Net Promoter® Score. Discover customer sentiment and willingness to recommend your business with a single question: “On a scale of zero to ten, how likely are you to refer a friend or colleague?”.
- Traveller and Hospitaility Feedback. Survey guests and clients about their travel and holiday experiences, so you can turn first time customers into repeat business.
- Hair Care Products and Skincare Products. Find out about customers’ hair care and skincare product buying behaviours and preferences using these 9-question and 6-question surveys respectively. Alternatively, customise these templates for your product category.
- Home Buyer Feedback and Real Estate Agent Evaluation. These 6-question and 4-question surveys respectively enable you to find out which tools your clients are using to research the property market and choose an estate agent in the search for their new home.
- Website Feedback. Use this 8-question survey to discover how you can optimise your online experience for customers.
- Apps. As part of your go-to-market research, use this 6-question survey to find out whether it makes sense to create a mobile app for your product or service.
- Target Markets. Use SurveyMonkey Audience for help in reaching the target audiences for your research, and build relevant, real-world data into your research proposals or business plans.
And if you need help finding the right people to take your survey, try SurveyMonkey Audience. For a low price, we can obtain responses to your marketing survey from potential customers who meet your criteria.
How to Use Marketing Surveys
Marketing surveys are a great way to ask for feedback about new products, services and features. Survey customers as you pilot new offerings – and correct your course quickly if you’re drifting off target. Beta-test your mobile app, preview your latest ad campaign or assess the impact of a new bundled offer, and translate those insights into profitable strategies.
Professional survey methodologists write all of our online marketing and market research survey templates. You can use them as they stand or customise our online questionnaires to suit your needs. And because we take survey security very seriously, you can feel confident that your data and insights are safe.
Here are some of the most popular uses for SurveyMonkey marketing surveys.
- Market research. What’s the appetite for a new product or service that you’re designing? Test the market, modify your target customer segment and create a launch plan based on the feedback you receive. Ask “If our new product or service were available today, how likely would you be to recommend it?”.
- New product development. Use frequent surveying as part of agile product development in your business, iterating designs based on user feedback. Do you have a new mobile app that you think will be a hit? Test it with your target audience. Ask “What do you like most about our new product?” or “What changes would most improve our new product?”. Modify proposed product features and roadmaps based on user preferences.
- User experience design. Survey target audiences to determine individuals’ behaviour and use of smartphones and applications, buying patterns or use patterns. Use survey feedback to design engaging user experiences, then position, place and promote products to target markets via these new channels. As part of your marketing plan, determine how good or bad the user experience is on your websites.
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty. Happy customers lead to good business. Use client, customer, consumer and business-to-business questionnaires to regularly assess satisfaction. Listen out for potential issues that customers experience – poll for opinions about your product, service, customer support and online interactions. Ask, as a matter of course, some version of the following question: “What could we do to keep you coming back for more?”.
Tips for Achieving Higher Marketing Survey Response Rates
- Introduce your objective. Provide context with a brief sentence. Tell survey takers why you’re asking these questions and how their feedback will help, e.g. “Your suggestions will help us to better understand how we can deliver the services you want most.”.
- Keep it short and focused. Ensure that each question brings you closer to your goal. Respect survey takers’ time and word questions clearly.
- Pre-test your survey. Pre-test your survey on a few members of your intended audience. You might uncover inconsistencies or unexpected question interpretations.
- Keep rating scale questions consistent. If you’re using Likert rating scales, use the same points system throughout your survey. If 1 means “extremely satisfied” and 5 means “extremely dissatisfied”, maintain this scale for all questions.
Are You Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer satisfaction survey templates
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- HR Survey and Training Survey Templates
- Market Research Survey Templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
- Education Survey Templates
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet – we’ve made it easy to get started, learn and use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer – if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real-Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy and Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather and interpret information with advanced analytics and more.