Marketing Research Survey Templates
Obtain the information you need in order to make better decisions about your products and services.
It’s never too late to obtain valuable information. Before, during and after your product or service launch, marketing research is invaluable for gaining the insights you need in order to create and improve what you offer to your customers. From hair salons to estate agents to dermatologists, we’ve got specific questionnaire templates that you can send out within minutes. We also have a variety of general market survey samples that you can tailor to your industry. Whatever your occupation, send out a marketing poll and you’ll be on your way to developing a business that satisfies and delights your customers and clientele.
How to Use Market Research Template Examples
Choose one of our ready-made templates or customise one of your own. It’s easy to do; you’ll be hitting the “send” button within minutes.
- Customer satisfaction. How satisfied are your customers? What could you being doing better? Find out by using a market feedback survey that is designed to learn about consumers’ experiences. Questions such as “What do you like most about our new product?” and “How likely are you to recommend your estate agent to others?” will help you determine gaps in your products and services.
- Product and service development. You have a great idea for a product or service, but is the world ready for it? Before you start doodling concept sketches on napkins, conduct a marketing research survey in order to discover the designs and features your audience will love. Already launched? Then use research questionnaires to get ready for version 2.0. Ask your participants questions such as “If you are not likely to use our new product, why not?” or “What would make you more likely to use our new service?” and you’ll be on your way to delighting your customers.
- Demographics. The age, gender and income of your audience are all characteristics that contribute to the successful development and marketing of your product or service. When you know who your customers are, you’re in a great position to better understand their needs and you’ll be able to make better business decisions. Ask general questions such as “Which of the following categories best describes your typical customer’s employment status?” or “How old is your typical customer?” and gain valuable demographic information.
- Industry-specific surveys. Obtain detailed information about your industry or business with one of our marketing survey templates. Get answers to questions such as “When choosing skin care products, which of the following factors matter to you?” or “Are you a first-time home buyer or have you purchased a home before?”, and you’ll have data that you can put to work immediately to fine-tune your service and product offerings.
Market Survey Samples
- Insurance Expenses Survey Template
This 9-question survey focuses on the cost of health, household, car and other kinds of insurance.
- Typical Customer Analysis Survey Template
This quick, 5-question survey provides general questions about your customers, including types of consumers, competitors and repeat business.
- Typical Customer Demographics Survey Template
Age, gender and educational level are among the questions offered in this 9-question consumer demographics survey.
- Employment Survey Template
This is a quick, 2-question survey about employment status and occupation.
- Firmographics Survey Template
Company history, number of employees and locations are explored in this 7-question company survey template.
- Language Proficiency Survey Template
This 9-question survey template explores proficiency in reading, writing and speaking multiple languages.
- Target Market Analysis Survey Template
Focus on your target market with questions about customer types, competition and repeat business in this 9-question survey template.
- Target Market Demographics Survey Template
Pinpoint the characteristics of your target market in this 9-question survey with questions about age, gender and income.
- Hair Care Products Survey Template
This 8-question survey template focuses on the hair care industry and includes questions about hair products, styling tools and money spent on hair care.
- Online Product Feedback Survey Template
Survey your customers about products and services. This is a 10-question general product survey template that can be tailored to your industry and business.
- Home Buyer Feedback Survey Template
Specifically designed for home buyers, this 6-question sample home purchaser template includes questions about websites, information sources and home buying status.
- Estate Agent Evaluation Template
This quick, 4-question estate agent questionnaire asks about choosing and recommending an estate agent.
- Market Research Service Template
Designed for the service industry, this is a general, 10-question survey that can be sent out as it stands or tailored to your service type.
- Skin Care Products Survey Template
Learn about the types of skin care products used by your clientele and soon-to-be customers with this 6-question survey specifically about skin care.
- Household Budget Survey Template
This 9-question survey explores typical household budgets and includes questions about phone, cable and transport.
- Landline Phone Survey Template
Ask just two questions about landline phone service with this survey template: Do they have it and how much do they spend?
- New Customer Research Survey Template
A general, but more in-depth, customer survey template, this 20-question survey asks about products, services and new customer satisfaction.
3 Tips for Better Market Research Questionnaires
- Survey outside of your customers. Getting consumer satisfaction feedback from your current customers is valuable. But in order to expand your audience, you’ll want opinions from those outside of your customer base. Try finding different people to poll and you may find a new target market you hadn’t considered.
- Start general… Start with a demographic survey of your customers. You may be aiming for a particular audience, but find out you have a feature or product line that appeals to a different audience. Once you get to know your audience, you’ll know how (and how not) to market to them.
- …Then get specific. Obtain customer feedback about your particular line of work, products and services. Ask about competing products, alternative services or specific ways in which you can improve.
You don’t have to spend loads of money to obtain answers. You just need to take advantage of the smart, cost-effective tools. Are you unsure how to reach the right people? SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to millions of respondents who are ready to provide the answers you need in order to make critical decisions. At SurveyMonkey we’re always working to improve our technology to help you make your best decisions. By sending a survey to reach out to your target market, you can ensure that your efforts are as effective as possible.
Are You Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer satisfaction survey templates
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- HR Survey and Training Survey Templates
- Marketing survey templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
- Education Survey Templates
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.