Human Resources Survey Templates
Use our HR survey examples to obtain employee feedback for better decisions.
When you provide a way for employees and human resource specialists to express their opinions, you’ll get feedback that will help you make decisions to help improve your hiring, managing and retention policies. Ask your workforce about benefits, leadership, facilities and job satisfaction to gain an insight into team morale, management effectiveness and recruiting methods. Use one of our many human resource survey examples or get creative and customise one to suit your specific needs. Online surveys are a great way to obtain in-depth, candid and targeted information so you can make your workplace more positive and productive.
How to Use Personnel Survey Samples
- Performance reviews. We have several HR questionnaire templates to help you gather information about the performance of your teams, management, departments and employees. Offer questions like such as “How well does your team work with clients?” and “How well do the members of your department communicate with each other?” in order to better understand individual and team dynamics and how they affect performance in multiple situations.
- Overall employee satisfaction. Sometimes you just need to check in with your personnel to see how they’re feeling about their job and the organisation as a whole. Changes in policies, management or benefits can mean the difference between happy, productive employees and a high turnover rate. A mixture of questions such as “In a typical week, how often do you feel stressed at work?” and “Do you like your employer, neither like nor dislike them, or dislike them?” can go a long way towards determining the general morale of your workplace.
- Leadership effectiveness. Good management knows how to bring out the best in their teams. Are your leaders supportive and motivational or could they use a little improvement? Obtain your teams’ opinions about management and you’ll know where you’re doing well and where you need to adjust. Sample leadership survey questions include “How effective is the training you receive from your supervisor?” and “How realistic are the expectations of management?”.
- Work/life balance.When employees feel that they have a good work/life balance, they’re more likely to be motivated and productive. Commutes, health care and good use of their skills and interests all play a part. Ask questions such as “In a typical week, approximately how much money, in pounds sterling, do you spend on fuel for commuting to and from work and/or school?” and “Is your employer’s health insurance plan better, worse or about the same as those of other employers?” to understand the kinds of issues that contribute to a healthy work environment.
HR Survey Template Examples
- 360-Degree Employee Evaluation Template
A versatile, general employee survey sample that allows participants to specify whether they’d like to review the performance of a supervisor, colleague or subordinate.
- Employee Benefits Survey Template
This 7-question survey focuses on the perks and benefits of your organisation. Topics covered include environment, meals and general benefits.
- Employee Exit Template
This 21-question survey asks an exiting employee the reason for their departure, as well as about their experiences with leadership, working environment and team members.
- Employee Performance Survey Template
Managers can evaluate the performance of their team members with this 10-question employee survey sample. Employee attitude, knowledge and work ethic are all covered.
- Job Satisfaction Survey Template
Employees can rate their work satisfaction in this 14-question survey. Questions about stress levels, salary and leadership are included.
- Commuting Template
This quick, 5-question survey focuses on how your workforce commutes and how much they spend on their commute. This is great information to have if you’re thinking of starting a commuting scheme.
- Management Performance Template
Management as a whole is evaluated in a 14-question survey designed for employees. Questions concerning approachability, use of resources, skills and ability, and money management are presented.
- Department Performance Template
Employees are asked to rate their department based on professionalism, conflict management, communication and more in this 14-question survey.
- Manager Effectiveness Survey Template
Individual managers are evaluated by employees in this 17-question survey focusing on availability, constructive feedback, training, decision-making skills and more.
- Team Performance Template
Team dynamics and efficiency are explored in this 14-question survey for employees. Collaboration, flexibility, professionalism and dependability are some of the survey questions presented.
- Recruiting Satisfaction Survey Template
Ask recently-hired employees and interviewees about their experience with recruiters. This 10-question survey focuses on recruiter responsiveness, professionalism, helpfulness and friendliness.
- Online Employee Recruitment Template
This short, 3-question survey quickly assesses how your company uses online networking and recruiting websites to find new hires.
- Corporate Social Media Template
This is a quick, 3-question survey about the types of social media networks used by your company.
3 Tips for Great Human Resources Surveys
- Anonymity is key. In order to gain the most comprehensive insight, you’ll want to communicate to employees their feedback is completely safe. Be sure your personnel know their employee survey answers are 100% anonymous.
- Follow up. If your workforce sees evidence that their opinions matter, they’ll be more likely to continue providing valuable feedback. Offer an employee survey presentation to show what knowledge has been gained and what’s being done with the survey results.
- Use conversational language. Don’t use language that’s stuffy or overly technical. Keep your employee survey questions light and casual.
Do You Have More Questions?
If you are interested in using HR survey templates but have further questions, please get in touch with us.
Are You Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer satisfaction survey templates
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- Marketing survey templates
- Market Research Survey Templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
- Education Survey Templates
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet – we’ve made it easy to get started, learn and use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer – if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real-Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy and Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather and interpret information with advanced analytics and more.