SurveyMonkey: The Alternative to Paper Questionnaires
Online surveys are easier and more effective than the alternatives.
The best decisions start at SurveyMonkey. Alternatives to online surveys may have been around since the invention of the printing press, but we use innovative technology to help you get insights without spending a lot of time, effort or money.
It’s easy and FREE to get started with SurveyMonkey. Create your own survey, or use a survey template written and tested by experts.
Why SurveyMonkey is a great alternative
Sure, you could ask people to fill out a survey on paper the next time they visit your store, attend your course or event, or dine at your restaurant. You could even enclose a self-addressed, postage-paid survey with every customer order you ship.
But will you reach everyone you want to survey? Will you be able to collect feedback easily? How will an offline survey alternative let you follow up and persuade people to respond? And will you have time to manually tabulate and create actionable reports with the data you receive from a paper poll– that is, if you receive any data?
SurveyMonkey online surveys do more to help you get the insights you need, and they’re the most efficient. Our technology helps you easily create surveys and then delivers questionnaires to your target audience using email, through social media, or on your website. If you want to, you can make sure you can even specify demographic information of people you’d like to survey and SurveyMonkey Audience will find them for you. (Try doing that with paper!)
With SurveyMonkey online surveys, collecting responses and following up is easy. Data tabulation and reporting is too, with our intuitive built-in reporting tools. Sidestep the challenges of trying to distribute, collect and analyse paper-based surveys. Instead, try SurveyMonkey—free—today.
What you get with our online surveys
As an alternative to paper questionnaires, SurveyMonkey makes it easy for you to create and distribute surveys, and then collect and analyse the results:
- Start by signing up for a free account, and create your survey or poll using any of our dozens of free online survey templates. You don’t have to worry about survey bias or accuracy, because each template question is written and certified by our survey methodologists. Or create your own survey from scratch.
- After you’ve created your online survey, gather responses by including a link in an email, or on websites, Twitter, Facebook and more. Track responses by using SurveyMonkey to email your list of respondents, or record your survey in your own voice and deliver it as a telephone survey.
- Looking for feedback from a specific group of respondents, but don’t have a valid sample size in your contacts list? Or want to do broader market research? We can help you put an online survey in front of the right people. SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to millions of respondents who are ready to provide the answers you need to make critical decisions.
- Find insights by using our powerful tools to filter survey results and create presentation-worthy reports.
And if you’re ever stuck for time, or you’re just not sure where to begin, let us design your survey for you. Our full service survey programming service is available to anyone in a pro plan for a small fee.
Who chooses SurveyMonkey over the alternatives?
Millions and millions people from all walks of life and all fields of work choose the SurveyMonkey alternative:
- HR professionals use SurveyMonkey HR, training, engagement, and employee satisfaction surveys to put together employee training and professional development programs, performance assessments, benefits packages and more.
- Entrepreneurs, market research, corporate product development and marketing professionals use SurveyMonkey business, marketing, market research and customer satisfaction surveys to get insights that shape business and product innovation, development and marketing.
- Educators, administrators and school boards use SurveyMonkey education surveys to gather the feedback of students, parents and teachers and improve learning and teaching experiences and the educational ecosystem.
- On behalf of non-profit foundations, associations, the arts, and hospitals, people use SurveyMonkey non-profit online surveys to gauge donor, recipient, volunteer, community and employee opinions quickly, easily and within budget.
- Event planners use SurveyMonkey online meeting and event planning surveys at all planning stages—pre-event, post-event or even during an event to ensure high engagement and positive outcomes.
- Healthcare professionals and administrators use SurveyMonkey health and wellness surveys to obtain patient feedback about health and wellness habits and issues, patient quality of care, and operational excellence.
We have something to help anyone make smarter decisions. Get started for free to learn how the SurveyMonkey alternative to paper questionnaire can help you reach your goals.
Are you looking for more survey types and survey examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey and Training Survey
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K – 12 Parent Survey
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet – we’ve made it easy to get started, learn and use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer – if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real-Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy and Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather and interpret information with advanced analytics and more.