BEAT Music Inclusion Survey
BEAT Music Inclusion Survey 2022
At BEAT, we want our out of school hours activities to be as inclusive as possible.
We are committed to ensuring…
- that membership of our out of school hours activities is diverse
- that those activities are inclusive and accessible to everyone regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, sexual orientation or age
- that through our behaviours and actions we celebrate and respect everyone
We recognise that we are not yet representative of our local community and wider society and we are working towards this. We also recognise that the route to greater diversity is through being inclusive in all that we do.
As part of this work, we want to find out how you feel about our out of school provision.
If you are currently using, or have previously used, BEAT’s out of school provision we are interested in your experiences and those of your child(ren), and in your thoughts about the activity, what is working and what could be improved on.
If you have not used BEAT’s out of school provision we are interested to know how you perceive those activities, and what barriers there may be to your participation.
The information collected will be anonymous and therefore we invite you to be open and honest in your responses. We will collate all the responses we get and share the findings, as well as looking at how these can help us to learn and grow.
The data collected will be used to help BEAT to plan for the future, to engage with a wider audience and new members, and to ensure we embed EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion) in all we do. Your assistance with this is much appreciated.
BEAT’s current out of school activities are:
- BEAT Music Academy East (BMAE) – Saturdays at East Barnet School
- BEAT Music Academy West (BMAW) – Saturdays at St Mary’s & St John’s School
- BEAT Music Academy Central (BMAC) – Weekdays after school/evening at Dollis Primary School as follows:
- Wednesdays – One Voice Choir, Academy Choir
- Thursdays – Rock & Pop, Barnet Youth Brass Band, Training Brass Band
- Fridays - Steel Orchestras, Barnet Youth Wind Orchestra, Finchley String Ensemble, Barnet Youth String Orchestra)