Thank you for volunteering your time, we really appreciate that and we're really looking forward to knowing more about you. This form has just a few very quick questions for you.
First, we thought we'd say some more about CSC Connecting.
Civil Society Connecting aims to support people - especially those from ethnically diverse backgrounds and living in the toughest socially challenged areas - to overcome their social isolation and make their way in life, by accessing the support they need, developing their talents, confidence and wellbeing, language and job seeking skills – and to help them then lead a flourishing life. The pilot project is delivered in partnership with Together Middlesbrough & Cleveland, Ubuntu MultiCultural Centre & Durability North CIC.
This small-scale project is building a network of ‘digital’ Kindness Connectors - people with time to donate, life experiences and the skills – to mentor, coach and support people. We require all volunteer Kindness Connectors to be DBS checked.
After completing this form, DBS procedures and meeting colleagues on-line, we will then pair you up with someone identified by our local partners to 'connect' with. As a 'Kindness Connector' you will be in touch, by email or telephone to organise when best to meet up online. We anticipate you then offering informal guidance, signposting and other information. Among many things, you will:
- Listen and chat to your Connectee
- Help her or him find and access services and networks – perhaps connecting them with what is going on both locally and nationally
- Help provide a steer on the way of life in the UK (especially if a newly arrived refugee)
- Provide advice on engaging in new activities, learning and hobbies
- Support conversational English learning
- Explore short and long term career routes and goals including help with applying for work, write a CV and prepare for interviews
- Guide your Connectee in securing unpaid work, including volunteering or shadowing, experience (in civil society organisations)
- Help them to improve computer and IT skills.
If you have any queries: