What is the purpose of the research?
- The research is to add to knowledge on how gay men perceive ageing and growing older.
- To understand your experience of an ageing future and your relationship with the gay community.
- This study is being taken as part of my undergraduate dissertation, at Goldsmiths University. I study Media and Sociology.
Why have I been invited to participate?
- You fit my sample group of a gay man.
What will happen if I do take part?
- You will complete a short questionnaire, I will use this to select a smaller sample based on the information provided.
- If you agree to be interviewed through the questionnaire, I request you leave contact details for me to make further correspondence with you.
- I will be in contact upon you completing the questionnaire, if you fit the criteria and are willing to be interviewed.
- There is no set length of interview, but I expect it will around an hour, or more if you have more to say.
- The interview will be voice recorded, the recording will be deleted once the project is completed.
- All data collected will be treated as confidential and you as a participant will remain anonymous throughout my project.
- In the research write up, pseudonyms (a fictitious name) will be used for places and names.
What are the benefits of taking part?
- There are no direct benefits to taking part. However, the research will contribute to literature and knowledge of gay men’s ageing perspective and interaction with the gay community.
- This research is being undertaken for the purposes of an undergraduate dissertation
- The research will be conducted by James Jefferson
- All data will be treated as personal under the 1998 Data Protection Act, and will be stored securely.
If you experience any problems with the questionnaire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By selecting 'OK' you have granted consent to taking part in this survey.