3) To separate the White Hills Park linked primary schools into separate catchment areas for Alderman White School and Bramcote College. The linked primary schools for Alderman White School are listed below.
This reflects the move from a Federation to a Multi-Academy Trust, geographical boundaries which impact on school admissions (e.g. A52) and admission patterns.
4) To remove Sunnyside Spencer Academy from the list of primary schools linked to Alderman White.
Sunnyside Spencer Academy is a linked school to George Spencer Academy under number 4 of their oversubscription criteria. This change ensures that all primary schools in the local area have only one linked secondary school and is fairer.
Linked Primary Schools:
o Beeston Fields Primary and Nursery School
o Bramcote C of E Primary School
o Eskdale Junior School
o Round Hill Primary School
The oversubscription criteria below is based on the Nottinghamshire criteria and we do not propose any changes to these criteria. However, we do propose changing the catchment area and linked schools (see above).
Therefore the proposed oversubscription criteria for 2021-22 are the same as in previous years:
In the event of oversubscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have been allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the school provided that the school can meet their needs:
1. Children who are looked after by a local authority and previously looked after children.
2. Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school.
3. Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications.
4. Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school.
5. Children who live outside the catchment area and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school.
6. Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications preceding admission to secondary school.
7. Other children.
Under the government’s school admissions code, any person or body who considers that any maintained school or Academy are unlawful, or not in compliance with the Code or relevant law relating to admissions can make an objection to the School Adjudicator in writing to:
Office of the School Adjudicator, Bishopgate House, Darlington, DL1 5CE
Tel: 01325 340402 / email OSA.TEAM@osa.gsi.gov.uk
Following the consultation, Alderman White School will take into account any responses received before determining final admission arrangements. We will publish the final policy on our website within the prescribed timeframes contained in the School Admissions Code.