The Suffolk County Branch of UNISON is consulting with you about the proposed pay claim. Please can you read and complete this very short survey.
In considering the proposed claim for 2018/19 the NJC Committee took into account the following factors:
- The aspiration of all three unions to achieve the Foundation Living Wage at the lowest point.
- The ongoing decline in our member's pay - worse than for any other workforce in the public sector. Pay is lower compared to other public sector groups throughout the NJC pay spine.
- Unprecedented cuts in local government funding and increased pressure on schools.
- The immense pressure our members are under with ever increasing workloads, deteriorating terms and conditions and persistent job insecurity.
- The compression at the lower end of the NJC spine, which is over-riding job evaluated differentials and the need to maintain differentials which might emerge from the pay spine review.
- The need for a simple claim which is easy for members to understand. It should be seen as realistic and have credibility with members.