Strathspey Pharmacy proposes to provide all core, local, national and additional pharmaceutical services as listed below:
· Minor Ailment Service (MAS): Certain groups of patients can register with the community pharmacy of their choice to enable them to consult with a community pharmacist for certain minor conditions from the pharmacy free of charge. The pharmacist advises, treats or refers the individual according to their needs.
· Acute Medication Service (AMS) : This is the dispensing of acute or “one-off” prescriptions but supported by the electronic version of the prescription, to increase patient safety, improve data collection and payment processes.
· Medication; Care Review (MCR) - (previously known as CMS - Chronic Medication Service): For patients with long term conditions where pharmacists can provide an assessment of your medicines which includes any particular medicines related risks. MCR includes the ability to provide a serial prescription over the course of 6 months or a year to patients without the patient requiring to contact their GP practice for these items during this time period.
· Public Health Service (PHS): Patients can access their local community pharmacy for self-care advice, support and information on health issues. This includes a smoking cessation service to help those who wish to stop smoking and a sexual health service which includes free access to Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC).
· Gluten Free Food Service (GFFS) – Those patients with a confirmed diagnosis of Coeliac Disease or dermatitis herpetiformis by their GP can register with a pharmacy of their choice to obtain GFF food items in accordance with the Highland GFFS Formulary (an agreed list of foods that the NHS consider as essential).
Local Services :
· Advice to Care Homes
· Buprenorphine Dispensing & Supervision
· Care at Home
· Methadone Dispensing & Supervision
· Needle Exchange Services
· Palliative Care
· Pharmacist Prescribing Clinic
National Services (requiring local agreement) :
· Enhanced pharmaceutical Care/Pharmacy First: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) & Impetigo Treatment
· Medication Compliance Support Service Device (Blister Pack)
· Unscheduled Care: Urgent Supply of Medication
· Hepatitis C Drug Dispensing
· Prostate cancer dispensing
· Disposal of patients’ unwanted medicines
· Stoma Service