Running from September 2019 through to March 2020, the programme brings Development Executives together for monthly one-day training sessions. SuperSizer will address three key areas:
- The Role of the Development Executive: Understanding the importance of development and in creating specialists in this field.
- The Commissioner: Insider knowledge of how commissioners work, think and act and the importance of understanding differing channel needs.
- Creative Thinking Skills: Think Big! How to create scale and ambition and motivate your team. Creative thinking and ideas generation.
Funded by Channel 4, BBC Nations and Regions, Creative Scotland and Scottish Enterprise, the seven-month training programme gets to the heart of how important Development Executives are as specialists who can boost businesses through creating returning series.
- Companies will gain a renewed emphasis on the importance of professional development for executives who engage directly with commissioners
- Increased pitching of big ideas of scale and programmes that can return season after season (for example First Dates, Country Vet, Location Location Location) to bring the company’s business to the next level
- Increased industry knowledge, network and profile