This consultation document takes its lead from the key issues raised in the Women and Equalities Select Committee 2016 report and, more recently, the Taylor Review of modern working practices.
- sets out the current legal protections for pregnancy and maternity;
- asks how an extension of redundancy protection into a period of “return to work” might best work;
- asks whether similar protection should be afforded to other groups;
- sets out the steps that the Government is taking to increase business and employer awareness of their rights and obligations, and invites comments on how they might be improved, to tackle pregnancy discrimination more effectively in general;
- considers the existing approach to the enforcement of employment and equalities legislation in the context of recommendations from WESC and the Taylor Review; and
- discusses the tribunal time limit.