Access to urgent and crisis care for autistic people in West Yorkshire
Welcome to our survey.
Thank you for participating. Your feedback is important
To find out more visit our website at www.wyhpartnership.co.uk
We want to ensure that urgent and crisis care services meet the needs of people with autistic spectrum conditions. To do this we need you to tell us about what is working well and what needs improving.
This survey has been developed together with autistic people, parents, carers and voluntary and community sector organisations. Thank you to those who contributed: Alison, Andy, Anya, Mellissa and also Airedale and Wharfedale Autism Resource (AWARE), Bradford Talking Media, Family Voice Calderdale, Healthwatch Bradford, Healthwatch Calderdale, Society 4 Neurodiversity, and Wakefield Autism Voice for Everyone (WAVE)
Who is this survey for?
This survey is for autistic people of all ages, their parents, carers or staff supporting individuals. This includes people with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome, people who self-diagnose/identify as autistic, and people on the waiting list for an autism assessment. Throughout the survey, the term ‘autistic’ will be used to describe all these groups.
What is it about?
We would like to hear about your experiences, over the past three years, of using or trying to use urgent or crisis care services. These include:
- NHS 111 phone, or the online service 111.nhs.uk
- GP surgeries
- Urgent treatment (or walk-in) centres
- Hospital Accident and Emergency department (A&E)
- Mental health crisis services
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
First we ask a few short questions about you:
This is to help us understand who is telling us about their experiences. It is important to collect and analyse this information in order to make sure we provide the right services and avoid discriminating against any groups. When we write reports no personal information will be shared. Your information will be protected and stored securely in line with data protection rules. If you would like to know how we use this data please visit our privacy notice.
Then we ask about your experience:
- To answer questions about one service will take around 10 minutes to complete.
- Only answer questions about services you have used or tried to use.
- If you have accessed more than one type of service, you will be able to tell us about each of them.
- If you would like to tell us about different times you have used the same service, please complete a separate survey for each time
- Parents/Carers: we would like to know your experiences. If you want to tell us about more than one person you care for, please complete a separate survey for each individual.
Support to complete the survey, and alternative formats:
If you would like to tell us about your experiences in a different way, such as through video call, would like help to answer the questions or would like the survey in a different format, please contact: email@example.com or phone: 07971 096079
What will this information be used for?
The WYHHCP will use your feedback to develop a plan for sharing good practice and improving access to care for autistic people throughout the region.