Pupil Premium
Schools are able to claim extra funding for some children, called Pupil Premium funding, which is used to support individual children who are eligible.

If your child falls into one of the categories below, then we can claim the funding for your child.

Free School Meals
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:

Income Support
Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
Working Tax Credit run-on
Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Although all infant school children receive free school meals, in order for this extra funding to be received we would be very grateful for parents to apply.

Applying for free school meals
There is an online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.

To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:

Name, home address and email address
National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
Child's name, date of birth and school

Please visit www.hants.gov.uk/hc3s and follow the link for free school meals.

Service Parents
The Service Pupil Premium is provided to schools in England who have children of Regular Armed Forces personnel. Schools with Service children on roll are eligible to receive the fund, but only if the child’s name appears on the school’s roll as being a Service child.

Adopted Children 
From April 2014, schools in England can receive the Pupil Premium Plus for children adopted from care, or who left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30 December 2005.  Schools can also claim the Pupil Premium Plus for children who left care under a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991. 

The Pupil Premium is to help schools raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap with their peers.  It is paid to schools in respect of disadvantaged pupils in Reception to Year 11.  The Government has extended the coverage of the Pupil Premium in recognition of the traumatic experiences many adopted children have endured in their early lives and a realisation that their needs do not change overnight.

To enable us to claim the Pupil Premium, you will need to inform us about your child and provide supporting evidence, for example, show the school the original Adoption (Court) Order.

If you have any queries regarding Pupil Premium, please contact the School Office for advice.

Thank you for this and in helping us to make sure we are as well funded as possible for this next year.

Question Title

* 1. Child's Name

Question Title

* 2. Please check on my behalf if my child is eligible for Pupil Premium.  I understand that the information provided below will be shared with Hampshire County Council to check eligibility.

Question Title

* 3. Parent's Full Name - please register on my behalf

Question Title

* 4. Parent's Date of Birth

Question Title

* 5. National Insurance Number

Question Title

* 6. My child is not eligible for Pupil Premium Funding, Service Pupil Premium or Adopted from Care Funding.

Question Title

* 7. My child is eligible for Pupil Premium

Question Title

* 8. My child is eligible for Service Pupil Premium

Question Title

* 9. My child is eligible for Pupil Premium Plus - for children adopted from care.

0 of 9 answered