3) To separate the White Hills Park linked primary schools into separate catchment areas for Alderman White and Bramcote College. The linked primary schools for Bramcote College are listed below.
This reflects the move from a Federation to a Multi-Academy Trust, geographical boundaries which impact on school admissions (e.g. A52) and admission patterns.
Linked Primary Schools:
• Albany Junior School
• Bramcote Hills Primary School
• St Johns C of E Primary School
• Trowell C of E Primary School
• Wadsworth Fields Primary School
The oversubscription criteria below is based on the Nottinghamshire criteria and we do not propose any changes to these criteria. However, we do propose changing the catchment area and linked schools (see above).
Therefore the proposed oversubscription criteria for 2021-22 are the same as in previous years:
In the event of oversubscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have been allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the school provided that the school can meet their needs:
1. Children who are looked after by a local authority and previously looked after children.
2. Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school.
3. Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications.
4. Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school.
5. Children who live outside the catchment area and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school.
6. Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications preceding admission to secondary school.
7. Other children.
Under the government’s school admissions code, any person or body who considers that any maintained school or Academy are unlawful, or not in compliance with the Code or relevant law relating to admissions can make an objection to the School Adjudicator in writing to:
Office of the School Adjudicator, Bishopgate House, Darlington, DL1 5CE
Tel: 01325 340402 / email OSA.TEAM@osa.gsi.gov.uk
Following the consultation, Bramcote College will take into account any responses received before determining final admission arrangements. We will publish the final policy on our website within the prescribed timeframes contained in the School Admissions Code.