We're really looking forward to knowing more about you. This survey has just a few very quick questions for you.
First, we thought we'd say some more about CSC Connecting.
Civil Society Connecting aims to support people like you - especially those from ethnically diverse backgrounds and the toughest challenged areas - to overcome social isolation and make your way in life, by accessing the support you need, developing your talents, confidence and wellbeing, language and job seeking skills – and to help you then lead a flourishing life.
This small-scale project is building a network of ‘digital’ Kindness Connectors - people with time to donate, life experiences and the skills – to mentor, coach and support people. They are all volunteers who are DBS checked. They will aim to provide you with one-to-one emotional and practical support, listening to your needs and helping for up to three months.
After completing this survey, we will then pair you up with a 'Kindness Connector' they will be in touch, by email, telephone to organise when best to meet up online. They will offer informal guidance, signposting and other information based on their own life-experiences. Among many things, they will:
- Listen and chat
- Help find and access services and networks – connecting you with what is going on both locally and nationally
- Help you know your area better, and provide a steer on the way of life in the UK
- Advice on engaging in new activities, learning and hobbies
- Support conversation English learning
- Explore short and long term career routes and goals including help you with applying for work, write a CV and prepare for interviews
- Guide you in securing unpaid work, including volunteering or shadowing, experience (in civil society organisations)
- Help you to improve computer and IT skills.
If you have any queries: