Thank you for participating in our survey. Your feedback is important.
This theme looks at how students’ associations and colleges can ensure that the association has an effective and democratic governance structure in place which enables it to represent the interest of its student members. It looks at how students’ associations, with the support of their colleges, can develop robust governance systems.
To evaluate yourself in this area please consider any examples of good practice that you have that could be used as evidence in this theme. This could include; well utilised constitution; robust elections procedures; well engaged elections; regular student consultations; student executive and/or student council structures; and guidance from an advisory board.
In order to use the scoring system, that is to follow, please consider the scoring guide below before deciding where you fall with regards to each statement:
- Score 1 - No planned or existing activity
- Score 2 - Planning or just starting activity
- Score 3 - Some activity is being complete
- Score 4 - Activity is in development since last complete
- Score 5 - Activity is well established and sustainable
- Score 6 - Activity is recognised by the sector (eg received award)
Once you have completed all questions an overall performance indicator will be generated for you with recommendations on how to improve further in this theme.