Climate Change Consultation
Scientists and our government agree that climate change is happening and is due to human activity.
The world around us is changing. As the Earth’s surface warms, many other changes are also occurring:
- warming oceans
- melting polar ice and glaciers
- rising sea levels
- more extreme weather events
Scientists believe the increase in greenhouse gases is mainly due to:
- burning of fossil fuels such as gas, coal and oil for energy and transport
- agriculture and deforestation as natural habitats are swept away to grow food for growing populations
- the manufacture of cement, chemicals and metals to support our industrial societies
The Paris climate conference (COP21) in December 2015 adopted the first-ever universal global climate deal to limit global warming to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts towards limiting to 1.5°C.
For Epping Forest District Council, global action starts at home. Each day, our ability to limit global climate change depends on millions of individual local thoughts and actions.
This questionnaire is for all residents, organisations and businesses living or working within Epping Forest District. Local environmental pollution issues such as air-quality are also linked to climate change. Whatever your views, please share your experiences and help us to shape our climate change action plan for the future.
Your responses to this survey will inform the development of the Climate Change Action Plan. By taking this questionnaire you are consenting to your responses being used to inform this work.