This survey is seeking views and ideas around how best the council can work with others (communities, volunteers, partners, local businesses, town and community councils etc.) to sustain the mobile library service and the smaller ten branch libraries that currently run in the following towns:
- Builth Wells
- Llanfair Caereinon
- Llanwrtyd Wells
In recent years a number of town and community councils have contributed resources or waivered rent and other costs to ensure their library remains open.
We are unfortunately in a position of needing to find further savings to the tune of £200k during this coming financial year (April 2019 - March 2020). And more again going forward.
We know libraries are historically much loved and valued by users and would really like to hear from anyone who can help us sustain them.
We are seeking ideas / comments around three things:
- income generation - how could the library make money so as to reduce the savings needed?
- additional savings - what else could be done to reduce costs?
- support and partner plans - who in the local community might be able to work with us to help sustain the service going forward?
We would love to hear from any of the following:
- local businesses who could become patrons or may want to consider a sponsorship deal
- groups or clubs who might like to rent some space from us out of hours
- anyone else
We are conducting a three month review to allow time to consider ideas and suggestions. Please do have your say by 28th April 2019.