The IFoA is seeking nominations for papers to be considered by the Research and Thought Leadership Board (RTLB) for the award of the Peter Clark Prize and Geoffrey Heywood Prize.
The Peter Clark Prize is awarded to the best paper written by members of the profession and presented or published for an actuarial audience.
The Geoffrey Heywood Prize considers material which demonstrates excellent levels of communication and engagement with an actuarial audience who are not subject matter experts.
Please complete the questions on the following pages as part of your nomination. Your submission will then be reviewed by the Publications Sub-Committee of the IFoA's RTLB prior to consideration by the RTLB. All nominations will be assessed for both prizes. The closing date is Monday 3 August 2020.
The full criteria for award can be found on the IFoA website; please ensure your nomination meets the criteria before completing your submission.
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com.
Eligible papers are those:
- presented at an IFoA conference or a Sessional Research Meeting;
- presented to a mainly actuarial audience; or
- first published in any actuarial or related journal, any conference or congress proceedings or transactions, either in print or electronically.
Papers must have been:
- first presented at an IFoA conference or Sessional Meeting or to a mainly actuarial audience no earlier than 31 May 2019; or
- published in final form with a publication date in 2019.