||50% of survey complete.|
The Students’ Union Student Led Supervisor Awards, run in collaboration with the Doctoral School, celebrate the best supervision and support for research students at Sussex. These are annual awards celebrating the inspirational and transformative contributions individual members of staff make to the experience of the University's research students.
An individual or group of research students can nominate their supervisor for an award based on some of the following criteria:
- Supervisor demonstrates enthusiasm for the role,
- is flexible in regard to supervision sessions,
- is prepared to go the extra mile to help navigate students through difficulties, be they academic or otherwise
- challenges students while encouraging them to contribute something substantial to their specific area of academic discourse
- provides additional support and facilities to give greater scope to the PhD, or to enable it to be completed early
- is exceptionally supportive through the planning for assessments and the PhD viva
- offers constructive employment and career advice post-graduation
- has been exceptionally supportive or encouraging and raised the student’s attainment by helping them through a difficult time
If successful, your supervisor will be presented with their award at the Sussex Research and Impact Awards in June.
Nominations close on 1st June 2017.
Key contacts for these awards are Rose Taylor (email@example.com) and Paul Roberts (P.E.Roberts@sussex.ac.uk).