Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Help us build. Help us be. Whether you're recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you're an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you're ready to help make our stellar company even better, apply today!
We are looking for a curious, energetic and experienced HR Business Partner to work collaboratively with our sales leadership teams on HR programs, policies and initiatives to drive a positive employee experience for our growing sales organization. In this role you will help define and execute programs that support our business objectives, including employee onboarding, training, recruiting and engagement programs. This position is the primary support to managers and employees locally in our San Mateo, California office and will work closely with our strategic HR team.
- Advise sales leadership on all people matters to help meet business objectives and priorities.
- Coach managers on matters such as hiring initiatives, talent assessments, team dynamics, performance management and assessing employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure a leadership and coaching culture is cascaded throughout the sales organization.
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent.
- Partner closely with managers on compensation increases and promotions. Provide recommendations based on organization need, business objectives and compensation philosophy.
- Proven ability to use data to inform and guide decisions and policies.
- Work collaboratively with internal recruiting teams to refine processes, policies and programs to meet the needs of the local market.
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward.
- Conduct investigations for employee relations issues as needed.
- Partner with internal HR teams on the delivery and execution of global training, annual performance and benefit programs.
- 3-5 years of HR Business Partner and HR functional experience in a high growth environment.
- Has a people centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style
- Experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
- Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices, as appropriate.
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with a detailed oriented, partner-oriented and solutions driven mindset.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (email and calendar).
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.