Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
- Implement and document features that support both basic and power users
- Participate in code reviews to validate best practices and logical designs
- Work with cross functional team members from Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Experience Design to ensure the application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently and efficiently in cross-browser environment
- Follow industry trends with regard to front-end technologies and techniques
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- A good eye for UX and Product. Must work well in a diverse team to collaborate on a complete, end-to-end experience.
- Logical team-player with strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, culture of code reviews and writing tech specs (Not a solo hacker)
- A passion for good documentation and code standards
- Quick learner with a drive to learn more
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Experience with CSS frameworks (such as LESS or Sass)
- Experience with Python and Python frameworks (such as Pyramid or Django)
- Experience with asset build pipelines
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.