SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Join our Database team to design, deploy, and maintain the next generation of scalable & high performance systems. You will be responsible for all aspects of our database clusters including the performance, scalability, high-availability, and capacity planning of the key components of the SurveyMonkey data infrastructure.
Our database infrastructure powers the “Data” in “People Powered Data” here at SurveyMonkey. It’s mission critical for our customers, and our database infrastructure team keeps things running smoothly. In this role, you will be part of our database infrastructure team responsible for managing, automating, scaling, and optimizing our database infrastructure.
- Maintain, configure, tune, and monitor our database infrastructure (primarily Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise).
- Understand and troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, software, and network)
- Work with Software Engineering Teams to implement solutions in support of product development; Write Stored Procedures, Scripts, etc. as needed.
- Help with performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Help design and build automation & tooling around all facets of software development lifecycle; provisioning, version control, builds, continuous integration, deployment, etc.
- Work closely with other data infrastructure engineers to innovate and propose new solutions to support business as SurveyMonkey grows and addresses future market needs.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as needed
- Partner with engineering teams to improve data infrastructure usage and to follow best practices.
- Participate in our ongoing migration to AWS
- Help plan our future data strategy by researching emerging technologies and making recommendations to technologies that SurveyMonkey can leverage as we continue to evolve our platform offerings. This will likely include various NoSQL platforms, Reporting and Analytics Platforms, Data Warehousing Platforms, etc.
- Experience managing large enterprise scale Microsoft SQL Server database implementations (Clustering, Vertical and Horizontal Partitioning, High Availability Groups, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and/or Unix systems administration
- Strong T-SQL skills (both administration and querying application data)
- You have experience writing Python, Powershell or other scripting languages
- You have experience with configuration management systems (Ansible is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and a proven record of partnering with other engineers
- Experience working with virtualized environments.
- Experience in cloud based environments such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with repeatable automation (both at the OS and database level)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.