Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
As a senior member of the Advanced Technical Support team, you will draw upon your robust technical acumen, project management skills, and knowledge of data-driven product development processes in order to solve the most complex technical issues hindering the success of SurveyMonkey’s customers. This may take place on the scale of an individual customer issue, a program or process improving the efficacy with which Customer Operations detects and solves problems, or a product change. You’ll aid cross-functional colleagues in product and engineering in issue triage and drive periodic reporting on trends in product quality. You’ll coordinate with customers on advanced issues (including developers using our API) while supporting programs that grow troubleshooting skills and technical prowess across the global Customer Operations team.
- Diagnose and resolve our most technical issues, including debugging problems encountered by developers building apps and integrations that use our API. Take our customers at their most frustrated point and deliver them with context and grace to a resolution.
- Maintain and improve processes and systems used to coordinate response to interruptions in service and report on customer impact.
- Drive product quality through substantive, data-driven reporting on the severity and scope of issues and the number and kind of customers impacted. Act as the voice of Customer Operations in communications with product and engineering regarding product development.
- Analyze case data to identify and address knowledge gaps in Customer Operations.
- Be a clear and adaptive communicator in all situations. Your voice needs to provide full context for customers, reproduction steps for product and engineering, clear and calm updates on product outages, and engaged support to the Customer Ops team.
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects that grow or improve the TSE function, the Customer Operations team, or the SurveyMonkey business. Owns execution and accountability.
- World-class customer service focus, preferably for an Internet company.
- 5+ years of experience solving technical issues for customers with high expectations. 2+ years supporting developers using an API.
- Outstanding critical thinking, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Strong data visualization and reporting skills.
- Balances independence and collaboration.
- Preferred - Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Networking technology (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS)
- Application monitoring technology (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Pingdom)
- Database technology (e.g. SQL)
- Platform/developer technology (e.g. API, SDK)
- Logging technology (e.g. Splunk)
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.