Job Application Surveys
Simplify the job application process with online surveys.
Streamline your organization’s job application process—and stay organized—with custom surveys and polls that help you identify the right person for each opening. Use an online survey instead of a paper application in your shop or restaurant, and never misplace an application again. Need a great writer? A number cruncher? A critical thinker? Create a job application questionnaire that tests their mettle. Looking for ways to sort your pool of candidates? Use an online survey and our analysis tools to identify potential top picks.
SurveyMonkey makes it easy to get the insights you need to make good decisions, and that includes finding the right people for your organization. We can even help you collect answers and analyze results. It’s easy, and you can get started for free.
How to Use Surveys for Job Applications
Whether your job application is already online or currently on paper, you can benefit by retooling your process with the help of SurveyMonkey online surveys. Here are some of the ways you can use online surveys to make the application process less work and more fun for everyone.
- Stand out in the competition for talent. In a hot hiring market, the application process can make or break a potential candidate’s impression of your company. Sure, lots of companies use the same online job application forms and tools, but how many great candidates do they lose in the process? Create your own online job application survey, and give your applicants a sense of your unique company culture and experience.
- Ensure that you get consistent applicant data. Resumes and cover letters are great, but what happens if applicants forget to include their contact information? Create a template that asks for the basic information you need from everyone by including “required” fields that candidates must fill out before they can submit the application.
- Test applicants’ skills. Bottom line, some jobs require certain non-negotiable skillsets, many of which can be tested. Looking to hire a crack copywriter, data scientist, or software programmer? Make a short test part of their online application and see if they make the first cut.
- Add some science to the screening process. Maybe candidate A’s resume and cover letter looked great first thing Monday morning, but by the end of the week, after reading hundreds, your eyes glaze over when you take a second look. Improve your screening process by filtering results with our analytic tools.
- Cast the widest net possible. Applicants are everywhere – especially online. In addition to company sites and job boards, they’re on LinkedIn, Facebook, Slideshare, and Twitter. And they’re on mobile phones too. Create employment application surveys that candidates can find across their social and business networks and complete anywhere at any time.
Sample Application Survey Templates
Please note: Some of these templates are only available in English.
Here are a few example templates to get you started:
- Online Employee Recruitment Template. When you’re considering places to post a job application survey, start with this three-question template to figure out where your qualified candidates are most likely to be online.
- Employment Template. Integrate this two-question survey into yours to find out if candidates are currently employed and if so, in which industry.
- U.S. Military Service Template. Is your company committed to hiring U.S. veterans? Then consider adding this two-question survey to your online application.
- Commuting Template. Looking for candidate catnip? Incorporate this five-question survey into your job application to understand the potential commutes of your applicants – and to figure out if your company’s telecommuting practice might be a selling point.
3 Quick Tips to Improve Survey Response Rates
We provide guides on how to write good survey questions, as well as create and conduct surveys. Check them out! And in the meantime, try these tips to encourage job applicants to complete your surveys. If you need a little extra help programming your survey, we can help with that too!
- Keep it fun! Be friendly and open. Don’t use corporate speak, and let respondents know that you’re using this survey to find out if there’s a potential for a good match!
- Make your survey as accessible as possible. You get a much better pool of candidates by making your job application as accessible as possible. All of our standard survey designs are accessible (by U.S. Section 508 standards), and you can deliver them online in a variety of ways or by telephone.
- Let applicants know how long the survey will (really) take. While we typically counsel that surveys be short, you may need a little more of your candidates’ time. Be upfront: Give candidates an honest estimate of how long your survey will take to complete—it makes you look more credible as a company, and it shows that you respect their time.
Looking for More Survey Types and Survey Examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey & Training Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Polls
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.