Employee Satisfaction Feedback Templates
Find out how to keep your employees happy and productive.
Your team is made up of hand-picked, talented individuals. Your organisation’s success hinges on the performance of these employees, and happy workers are productive workers. So how do you know if your workforce is finding your organisation to be fulfilling and motivating? Where does a small business or HR department go to get data about how you can improve the workspace or why your employee turnover rate is higher than you’d like? Send out one of our employee satisfaction surveys and you’ll get the insight you need to make sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your staff contented and performing at their best.
How to Use Staff Feedback Surveys
You can be as general or as specific as you’d like. Use one of our employee survey samples as is or customise it to your needs.
- Everyone can be evaluated. Even you. Evaluations go both ways. Give your staff the opportunity to evaluate anyone in the organisation: management, team members, even top-flight executives. When you open the door to honest conversation, you’ll help your employees feel valued and listened to. Ask questions such as “How effective is the training you receive from your supervisor?” or “How trustworthy is your colleague?”. It takes a bit of a thick skin to ask for criticism about yourself, but when you receive and act on it you’ll be in a better position to establish a great relationship with your colleagues.
- Exit interviews. Asking employees why they’re leaving will give you a whole different level of insight into your company’s hiring, management and benefits policies. Merely asking why they’re leaving isn’t necessarily enough; ask them questions such as “How much room for professional growth did you have at this company?” or even “How easy was it to balance your work life and personal life while working at this company?” to find out their opinions on a wide variety of subjects. The answers you receive may surprise you, plus you’ll have valuable information you can use to help maintain your employee retention rate.
- Perks and benefits. Are you offering benefits your workers want or are you spending cash on things they don’t necessarily find valuable? For instance, would they rather have more time off or a Christmas bonus? Send an employee benefit survey with questions such as “How fair is your employer’s sick day policy?” and “Is your employer’s health insurance plan better, worse or about the same as those of other employers?” to fine-tune your benefits for better team satisfaction and employee retention.
- Mood and morale. Sometimes you just need to check in with your salespeople or staff to see what the overall mood is like. Small adjustments and big changes alike can mean the difference between happy, productive personnel and an unmotivated workforce. A mixture of questions such as “In a typical week, how often do you feel stressed at work?” or “Do you like your employer, neither like nor dislike them, or dislike them?” can go a long way towards determining the general morale in your workplace.
Personnel Satisfaction Survey Samples
- SHRM Foundation Employee Engagement Survey Template
Developed in partnership with the Society of Human Resource Management Foundation, this robust survey assesses every aspect of the employee experience – including engagement, motivation, career development and overall satisfaction.
- StandOut Engagement Pulse Survey
Based on years of accumulated research, this survey is designed to understand both team engagement and leader effectiveness by means of a simple 8-question format.
- 360-Degree Employee Evaluation Template
A versatile employee survey sample that allows participants to specify whether they’d like to review the performance of a supervisor, colleague or subordinate.
- Employee Benefits Survey Template
This 7-question survey focuses on the perks and benefits of your organisation. Topics covered include environment, meals and general benefits.
- Employee Performance Survey Template
Managers can evaluate the performance of their team members with this 10-question employee survey sample. Employee attitude, knowledge and work ethic are all covered.
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Template
Employees can rate their work satisfaction in this 14-question survey. Questions about stress levels, salary and leadership are included.
4 Tips for Better Employee Feedback Surveys
- Give them time to complete the survey. Don’t send a staff feedback survey on Friday and expect it back first thing Monday morning. Give them plenty of time to complete it and send out reminders along the way. Also, don’t expect surveys to be completed in your employees’ personal time; let your employees use a few minutes of company time.
- Provide incentives. Offer small gifts or prizes for completing the employee survey, or create contests among departments for the highest response rate.
- Make it anonymous. Make sure your employees know that their employee survey answers are 100% anonymous. In order to gain the most comprehensive insight, you’ll want to communicate that their feedback is completely safe.
- Let them know they’ve been heard. If your employees feel their feedback is going into a black hole, they’ll be less likely to participate again. Offer an employee survey presentation to show what knowledge has been gained and what’s being done with the survey results.
Make the most of your time by leveraging SurveyMonkey’s methodologist-certified sample questions. You’ll be able to create your online survey in a matter of minutes on a wide variety of topics. SurveyMonkey also gives you access to the survey tools you need to easily deploy and analyse your surveys – empowering you to make smarter decisions. And we take survey security seriously, so you can be sure that your data and insights are safe with us.
Do You Have More Questions?
If you are interested in using employee survey templates but have further questions, please get in touch with us.
Are You Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer satisfaction survey templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- HR Survey and Training Survey Templates
- Marketing survey templates
- Market Research Survey Templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
- Education Survey Templates
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet – we’ve made it easy to get started, learn and use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer – if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real-Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy and Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather and interpret information with advanced analytics and more.